Approx 16 large stuffer mushrooms or 30 regular size(remove stems but save 1/2)
1 TBS crushed garlic
2 TBS minced green onion
1/3 cup Italian style bread crumbs
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
1/8 cup grated parmesan
coarsely ground pepper, to taste
1/4 tsp Italian herb seasonings
1/4 cup butter, melted
3 TBS chopped parsley (fresh)
1/2 tsp Tabasco or other hot sauce
1/2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
1. Remove stems from mushrooms and wash. Reserve stems.
2. Sautee mushrooms top and bottom briefly. This will get out extra watter and add nice buttery browned flavor. Turn them over and be sure to get out any extra water. I melt the butter and sauteee the garlic a bit in the pan after I am done before adding it to the other ingredients.
3. Chop stems and add half of them them to all the rest of ingredients in a bowl.
4. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray it with Pam. Put mushrooms on it and then fill the mushrooms with the stuffing (you can "mush" it in just a bit on top if it is too crumbly)
5. Bake at 350 until stuffing is browned, about 15 minutes.
~*~ From Suzy ~*~