Apple Pie Oatmeal
2 cups Quaker Oats (not Instant)
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cubed
1-2 TBS butter (you can use Pam also for fat free)
2 TBS vanilla
2 TBS Brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup coursely chopped pecans
1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins
1. Boil 1 1/2 cup water in a pan and add the oatmeal (use more or less water to achieve the consistency of oatmeal you like).
2. As the oatmeal cooks, melt the butter in a deep non-stick frying pan. Add apples, spices, vanilla and sautee on medium high heat.
3. Add optional ingredients, if desired.
4. When apples are slightly browned and tender, add the brown sugar and stir until apples are carmelized.
5. By now the oatmeal should be cooked (all the water absorbed). Add the oatmeal to the pan of apples and stir. Serve with milk or on its own.
~*~ From Suzy ~*~