Banana Crumb Muffins
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt (1/4 tsp. if using salted butter)
3 large ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tbs vanilla
1/3 Cup butter -- melted
1/2 cup pecan or walnut halves coursely chopped (optional)
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoon butter
Pre-heat oven to 375
1. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
2. Combine bananas, sugar, egg, vanilla, and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
3. Fill greased (I spray them with Pam) muffin cups three-fourths full.
4. Combine the first three topping ingredients; cut in butter (using 2 knives) until crumbly. Sprinkle over muffins.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing from pan. Continue to cool on a wire rack.
~*~ From Suzy ~*~