3 large eggs
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1 TBS melted butter (and more melted butter to brush the baking cups with)
1/2 tsp salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Pour all ingredients into a blender, blending *just* until smooth (overblending makes them tough)
3. Plan on filling every other cup as the popovers need room. Generously brush 6 non-stick muffin or popover cups with butter (brush around the edges and over the lid too because the popovers really puff up and get wide)
4. Fill cups 3/4 to almost full and bake 40-45 minutes until popovers are puffy and light brown.
5. Using a toothpick, poke a few holes in each popover to release steam, then place them back in the oven until well browned, about another 3-5 minutes.
6. Remove and run a thin bladed knife between the popover and the edge of the cup to loosen. Lift from cup and serve hot.
7. The tops can be slit and the bread cup can be filled with scrambled eggs, fruits, custard, cream, meats. Just about anything.
~*~ From Sunset Magazine ~*~