The Best Cheesecake You Will Ever Make
2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cups salted butter, melted
1/2 cups sugar
10 inch springform pan
5 packages (8 oz size) cream cheese at room temperature
1 1/4 cups sugar
3 Tbls flour
2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon grated orange zest
1 Tbls *real* vanilla extract
5 large eggs
2 egg yolks
1/4 cups heavy cream
Optional Toppings: 1/4 cups sour cream, fresh fruit or pie filling
2 teaspoons cornstarch (mix in with the sour cream)
1. Preheat oven to 375F
2. Make crust: In medium bowl, using a fork, toss crumbs with butter and sugar until moistened. Pour into 10" spring form pan. With fork, press mixture evenly over bottom and up side of pan.
3. Bake 5 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
4. Increase oven temperature to 450F.
5. Make filling: In large bowl of electric mixer, at high speed, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, lemon zest, orange zest and vanilla until blended.
6. Beat in eggs and egg yolks one at a time; beat until smooth, scraping bowl with spatula occasionally. Beat in cream.
OPTIONAL: Add 3/4 cup chocolate chips, chopped up pieces of snickers, chopped oreo cookies, whatever you like!
7. Pour filling into prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 250F. Bake 1 hour longer or until center is set but not firm. Remove to rack; cool 2 hours.
8. Optional Toppings: With back of spoon, spread sour cream evenly over top of cake to within 1/2 inch of edge. Top a snickers cheesecake with drizzled caramel. Top a chocolate chip cheesecake with sour cream then mini chocolate chips. Be creative use whatever you like! Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
~*~ From chefrick.com, adapted by Suzy ~*~