Grilled Milk Tart
4 cups fresh milk
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 pinch nutmeg
1 cup sugar
1 cup fresh milk
6 tbsp sugar
9 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp butter
1/2 tsp baking powder
Preparing Tart Shell:
1. Preheat oven at 325°.
2. Grease a 12" round baking pan (or any substitute) and dust with flour.
3. Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla extract to foam.
4. Add flour and baking powder while constantly stirring.
5. Pour into pan and bake for 30 minutes.
1. Cook sugar over low heat until it reaches the consistency of melted caramel.
2. Select an oven-safe glass container that will hold about eight cups or more. Once caramel has melted, pour it into the glass container and gently swing the container in a circular motion to cover all sides with caramel.
Preparing Grilled Milk:
1. Beat the egg whites to foam. Fold in the egg yolks while constantly mixing.
2. In a separate container, mix the milk and sugar. Slowly fold in the eggs, the vanilla extract and the nutmeg. Mix until well blended.
3. Pour this preparation into the caramelized glass container and bake in 325° oven for 30 minutes.
4. Cool to room temperature and flip upside down over the tart shell.
~*~ From the Got Milk website ~*~