Strawberry Cream Cake
1 box white cake mix
1 box strawberries
1/3 cup sugar (or to taste)
1 box vanilla instant pudding
Cointreau to taste (optional)
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 TBS vanilla
sugar to taste
1. Prepare and bake cake mix according to directions (either in a 9X13 pan or 2 round 9 inch pans depending on shape of cake you want). When cake is done, cool it on a wire rack.
2. Prepare Vanilla pudding according to "pie filling" directions. Add Cointreau (if desired) and chill.
3. Wash and slice strawberries. Put them in a bowl and add 1/3 cup Cointreau (if desired), lemon and sugar to taste. Chill.
4. Prepare whipped cream frosting: using a hand mixer whip 2 cups cream, 1 tablespoon vanilla and sugar to taste (you don't want it very sweet as the pudding will be sweet). Whip until thick and airy. Do not overwhip or it will turn into heavy cement.
5. Cut 9X13 cake in half to put on top of each other, if using that size.
6. Layer the cake the following way: Cake, pudding, strawberries, cake. Frost with the fresh cream and top with fresh strawberries. Serve immediately.
~*~ From Suzy ~*~