Chipotle Chicken Wraps
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
1 medium onion, minced (reserve 1/3 cup for the beans)
6 garlic cloves, crushed (reserve 2 cloves for the beans)
2 cans chipotle chilies, chopped, the adobo sauce reserved
1 cup salsa plus more to serve on the side (use the fresh store bought if you don't want to make your own)
1/2 cup Basmati rice (rinsed well)
spices: chili powder, cumin, cayenne (optional)
6 nine inch flour tortillas (spinach garlic flavored is very nice with this dish)
12 ounces jack cheese, shredded
1 15 oz. can pinquito or pinto beans, rinsed
3/4 cup sour crean
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
1. In a large pan, sautee onion and garlic in olive oil. Add chicken chipotles and 2 TBS adobo sauce and continue to sautee until chicken is so tender you can shred with a fork into bite sized pieces. Keep warm.
2. While chicken cooks, put salsa in another pan with 1 1/4 cups water. Bring to boil over high heat. Add rice, chili powder and cumin, cover, and simmer on low heat until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
3. Place rinsed beans in a pot with some olive oil, 1/3 cup onion, 2 cloves crushed garlic, chili powder and cumin and a bit of water and heat. Keep warm
4. Place a tortilla in a hot 12 inch frying pan. Cook for 10-15 seconds on each side to make it hot then place on flat surface.
5. Toward one edge of the tortilla, place the chicken, rice, cheese, beans, sour cream, and cilantro in layers. Fold edge over filling and roll tightly to enclose. Serve with more salsa on the side. Makes 6 wraps.
~*~ From Suzy ~*~