1 tablespoon sesame oil (you can substitute any oil)
2 tablespoons butter
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 garlic cloves, crushed
2 leeks or green onions, sliced (include dark part)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons honey
8 oz chicken stock
3 tablespoons soy sauce
4 tablespoons finely chopped ginger
3 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
optional: sesame seeds, dash of crushed red pepper
1. In a cup make the teriyaki sauce: add the sugar, honey, stock, soy sauce, ginger, vinegar, and half of the crushed garlic (add crushed red pepper and 2 Tbs sesame seeds if desired too). Let sauce marinate on the counter a while.
2. Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan or wok until the butter has melted. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes, turning.
3. Add the garlic and leeks and cook for a further 3 minutes.
4. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the chicken is cooked well through, about 20 minutes.
5. Blend the cornflour with 4 tablespoons of cold water and stir into the pan. Bring to the boil and cook until the sauce is thickened and clear. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
6. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top (optional) and serve with white rice.
~*~ From Suzy ~*~