1 1/2 pounds ground beef, chicken, and/or veal 1 medium onion, grated or minced very fine
1 large Russet potato, peeled, boiled, and grated
1/2 cup milk or cream or plain yoghurt
2 large bread slices broken into small pieces or 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (add more if the mixture is not solid)
2 eggs, beaten
2 TBS fresh parsley, chopped
1 TBS Better than Bullion Beef Flavor or 1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 TBS lemon juice
vegetable oil for frying
1. Hand mix the ground meat, onion, potato, milk and breadcrumbs
2. Beat the egg and add the parsely, spices, bullion or salt and lemon juice to it. Add this mixture to the meat mixture and blend well with hands.
3. Allow meat to chill covered for 2 hours or more
4. Shape into 2 inch oval or round patties, and fry in one inch of HOT oil (must be hot or the meat will absorb the oil and they will be greasy). Flatten kutlets with spatula as they cook. Cook until brown on each side.
5. Drain on paper towels and serve with white rice or with pita bread for sandwiches.
~*~ From Suzy ~*~