Olive Garden Parmesan Crusted Chicken and Pasta
1 C. Italian Bread Crumbs
2 Tbsp. Flour
1/4 C. Kraft Parmesan Cheese
1 C. Milk
6 (1/2") Thick Pieces of Chicken Breast Strips (chicken tenders)
Vegetable Oil ( for frying )
2 C. dry Bowtie Pasta
2 Tbsp. Butter
3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
2 tsp. Crushed Garlic
1/2 C. White Table Wine (Chablis)
1/4 C. Water
2 Tbsp. Flour
3/4 C. Half and Half
1/4 C. Sour Cream
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/8 tsp. Basil Leaves (or 2 TBS fresh)
3/4 C. Mild Asiago Cheese ( finely grated)
6 steamed broccoli florets
6 mushrooms, steamed and sliced
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Steam veggies and set aside near stove so they keep warm
2. Wash and drain chicken strips.
3. Mix breadcrumbs, flour, and Parmesan cheese together. Place milk in dish for dipping. Dip chicken in breadcrumb mixture and then in milk and then back in breadcrumbs.
4. Place chicken in a fry pan that the oil has been heated and fry at medium to medium low temperature until golden and crunchy. Remove and drain chicken.
5. In a saucepan on medium heat, melt butter, add olive oil. Whisk in flour until mixture is blended. Quickly add garlic, water, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt stir well. Add wine and blend. Immediately add half and half and sour cream stir. When mixture is smooth add grated cheese stir until melted. Finally sprinkle fresh basil in the sauce and stir lightly and remove from heat.
6. Place pasta in individual dish. Spoon about 1/2 - 3/4 cup sauce over pasta, add broccoli and mushrooms. Place Parmesan Chicken on pasta and sprinkle red crushed pepper and add grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
~*~ From the Olive Garden ~*~