Quiche Your Way
Your choice of Meat (add one of the following):
1/2 cup of prosciuotto, bacon, ham or chicken, chopped into bite sized bits
Your choice of Vegetables (add one or all):
1/2 cup spinach sliced into small strips
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
3 scallions, sliced (use the dark parts too and reserve some dark part to top the quiche with)
Your choice of cheeses (add one):
1/2 cup parmesan
1 cup cheddar
1 cup swiss
Your choice of Seasonings (add one or all):
1 onion, diced small
2 cloves garlic
1 Tsp Better than Bullion Chicken flavor or 1 chicken bullion cube (this is the salt flavor so DONT ADD SALT to anything else)
1 TBS olive oil
1 cup milk
3/4 cup Bisquick
9" pie plate
1. Pre-heat oven to 400
2. Spray pie plate with Pam or grease it.
3. Sautee the onion, garlic, desired spices, and meat in olive oil until onion is translucent. Add bullion.
4. Brown the mushrooms with the meat mixture (if desired); at the very end add other vegetables which cook quickly such as spinach.
5. Spread the onion/meat/vegetable mix evenly on the pie plate.
6. Sprinkle most of the scallions and most of the cheese on top of that.
7. Put the eggs, milk, Bisquick, pepper, in a blender and blend for a few seconds.
8. Pour Bisquick mixture evenly over the pie plate. Top with the rest of the cheese and scallions. If desired, sprinkle a bit of paprika over the top for a nice color.
9. Bake 25 minutes or until knife comes out of the center clean.
~*~ A Bisquick Recipe Suzy tweaked ~*~