Saffron Tomato Chicken
1 stick (8 oz.) butter
1 medium onion
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
1 can of Cambell's tomato soup
white Basmati rice
1. Chop a medium onion and sautee in a 1/2 cube of butter until lightly translucent (2-3 minutes)
2. Add the chicken, some salt and pepper and sautee for 10 - 15 minutes on med-low heat (DON'T BROWN IT)
3. Pour can of tomato soup over the chicken. Let the clumps cover the chicken pieces (don't stir)
4. Squeeze 1 Tbs lemon juice (or to taste) over the chicken
5. Cover pot with a lid and simmer on low just until chicken is cooked. Do not overcook the chicken.
6. Remove chicken to platter and keep warm in oven at 200 degrees, continue to cook the sauce until its a bit thickened (just dont want it watery, want a sauce that will cling to chicken)
7. Sautee mushrooms in a separate pan in butter until golden brown
8. Grind saffron, (like the 1/8th of an ounce you buy in a bottle), put it in a small glass, add like a Tbs of boiling hot water to it, stir, and pour over thickened sauce before you pour the sauce over the chicken. Pour some sauce into the cup then empty it to get all the saffron Stir.
8. Pour saffron tomato sauce over chicken platter and top with mushrooms. Serve with white rice.
~*~ From Aunt Mahjabin ~*~