1 1/2 cups soft bread, crumbled into pieces
1/2 cup Cream of Wheat (dry)
2/3 cup half and half or milk
1 medium onion, minced
6 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley plus 2 TBS minced parsley for topping
4 TBS butter
1 1/2 lb lean ground meat (turkey, beef, veal or combo)
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp salt (or to taste, be careful the Bullion is very salty)
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 TBS Better Than Bullion Beef (Concentrated meat extract) or 1 beef bullion cube
3 TBS flour
1 cup water
1 cup sour cream
1. Soak bread crumbs in milk until softened (about 5 minutes).
2. Add onion and parsley to 1 Tbsp butter in frying pan and cook slowly until onion is translucent.
3. Mix softened bread, Cream of Wheat, cooked onion and meat. Add eggs, salt, pepper and paprika. Mix thoroughly until very smooth and light.
4. Shape meat into small 1 or 2 inch balls, dusting the hands with flour while shaping the balls then roll them in flour too.
5. Melt remaining 3 Tbsp butter in the frying pan. Add meat balls and fry until golden brown all over.
6. Remove meatballs from pan and add beef bullion and 3 Tbsp flour. Stir untl well blended.
7. Add water, and freshly ground pepper to taste. Cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
8. Reduce heat to low and cook 15 minutes.
9. Slowly stir in sour cream until thoroughly blended.
10. Return meat balls to gravy, cover pan and simer very gently 10 minutes.
11. Serve over wide egg noodles or white rice. Sprinkle with minced parsley.
~*~ From Suzy ~*~