1 pound scallops
1 shallot, minced fine
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 TBS olive oil
coarse salt and freshly cracked pepper
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon grapefruit or orange marmalade
1 ruby red grapefruit, peeled and skinned so they are in segments
1 ruby red grapefruit, juiced
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (or less, to taste)
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup pine nuts
spring salad mix for 4 people
1. Heat 1 TBS oil in saute pan, medium to high heat. Add shallot and sautee for 1 minute. Add scallops and sear them, 15 seconds either side until nice and brown, remove from pan and keep on warm plate.
2. Add a splash of wine and deglaze pan for 10 seconds then add 1 TBS marmalade and 1 tsp Dijon mustard and swirl around until sauce begins to boil.
3. Add scallops back to plate briefly and coat them in the sauce. Remove them again.
4. Prepare dressing: in the deglazed pan add olive oil, balsamic vinagrette, grapefruit juice, salt and pepper to the pan and stir.
5. In a separate small pan, toast the pine nuts. Be careful not to scorch.
6. Arrange salad on 4 plates. Top with scallops, segments of grapefuit, pinenuts, and warm dressing. Serve.
~*~ From Suzy ~*~