2 C flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 C white sugar
1 C brown sugar
1 C oil
2 Tbs vanilla
1 Tsp lemon extract
2 C grated carrots (you can buy them pre-shredded in the slaw/bagged salads aisle)
2 C crushed pineapple (drained) ( 1 large can of Dole)
1 C walnuts or pecans, coursely chopped(optional)
1/2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350.
2. Mix dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt) together in a large bowl.
3. Using an electric mixture add the eggs, sugar, oil, vanilla, and lemon extract, beating after each addition.
4. Beat in the carrots, pineapple, and optional ingredients one at a time.
5. Pour into a greased and floured 9x13-inch pan, or 2 round 9 inch cake pans
6. Bake at 350 F for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center of cake clean. Cool.
7. Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting
~*~ From Suzy ~*~